The Florida Clean Indoor Air Act (FCIAA) protects your right to avoid the harmful effects of secondhand smoke in enclosed indoor workplaces, including restaurants and many other businesses across the state. But the law is not always obeyed. We need your help to shield you and your loved ones from involuntary exposure to the toxic chemicals in tobacco smoke, including at least 80 chemicals that are known to cause cancer.
The Florida Department of Health’s Bureau of Tobacco Free Florida has a dedicated phone line where you can report violations of the FCIAA. By taking just a few minutes to report unlawful smoking, you can help protect yourself and your family, while making the state an even better place to live.
If you see unlawful smoking:
- Call: 1-800-337-3742
- Fax: 850-414-7497
- Email: FCIAA@flhealth.gov
- Mail: 4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin C-23, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1743
The following information is required to process a complaint:
- Name of workplace where violation is occurring
- Workplace’s mailing address, city, county and zip code
- Nature of the violation (Example: smoking in an enclosed indoor workplace)
- If available, provide a telephone number and name of the person in charge of the workplace
Learn More about Protecting Floridians from Secondhand Smoke
Lend your support to your local community’s tobacco prevention and control efforts.Click Here To Get Involved